9ja Fresh Foods Limited respects the privacy of individuals by treating all personal information as confidential and by handling it in accordance with the data Privacy and protection Act Feb. 2020 and in line with the Constitution which provides Nigerian citizens with a fundamental right to privacy. Section 37 of the Constitution guarantees privacy protections to citizens in their homes, correspondence, telephone conversations and telegraphic communications. We respect your right to privacy and understand the need to protect your personal information.
Your personal information is not collected if you only browse this website.
Collection of Your Personal Information
As a distributor of foods and groceries, during the course of its activities, 9ja Fresh foods Ltd will collect, use and disclose personal information from:
- Customers who use the online shopping facility;
- Visitors to and users of our website, including any user forums section of our website;
- Customers who enter trade promotions / competitions conducted by Good Food Distributors;
- Customers who register 9ja Fresh Foods Ltd gift card details; and
- Customer who call the 9ja Fresh Foods Ltd customer service team or otherwise contact us.
This information can be collected:
- Directly from you;
- When you register as a user of the App;
- When you select a payment plan on the App;
- Where you access and interact with the website or the customer service team; or
- From other sources.
The information collected may include your name, mailing or residential address, telephone number, email address and other transaction and registration details.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide the information, goods or the service you may require, or to fulfill one or more other purposes of collection of your personal information.
We do not collect your credit card or banking details as online payments are handled by Pay stack and Flutter wave. Please check the www.paystack.com and www.flutterwave.colm for details of their privacy policies and security measures.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PRESONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is used by 9ja Fresh Foods for its legitimate business purposes, as disclosed at the time of collection. It is also used for ancillary purposes such as locating and identifying customers or otherwise servicing 9ja Fresh Foods relationship with its customers.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
You acknowledge and consent that by providing your personal information to us that we may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected or for a related or ancillary purpose such as:
- To facilitate and process your order;
- To carry out or respond to your requests;
- To our third party service providers to assist us in providing and improving our services to your, and to analyses trends in sales and better understand our customer’s needs or to develop, and improve market our products and services to you;
- For regulatory reporting and compliance with our legal obligations;
- To various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes;
- To our third party service providers to include in a database compiled by us or our third party service provider for the use in direct marketing of promotions, product and services we think may be of interest to you;
- To seek your feedback in relation to customer satisfaction and our relationship with you.
Cookies may record information about your visit, including the type of browser and operating system you use, the previous site you visited, your server’s IP address, the pages you have access and the information downloaded by you. While this anonymous statistical data may be aggregated and used in broader statistical analysis by us and our web monitoring service provider to improve our services, at no time can we personally identify you as the source of that data. Your browser may allow you to disable cookies.
ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
9ja Fresh Foods aims to ensure that all personal information held about you is collected and used in accordance with the data Privacy and protection Act Feb. 2020. If you believe your personal information as held by 9ja Fresh Foods is not accurate, complete or otherwise requires amendment, please do not hesitate to contact 9ja Fresh Foods Ltd office.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURITY
We have implemented appropriated physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Access to your personal information is limited to those who specifically need it to conduct their responsibilities.
DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
9ja Fresh Foods takes reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information where it is no longer required and to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, loss, misuse and alteration.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
9ja Fresh Foods will give you access to your personal information which we hold about you. Your right to access your personal information as held by 9ja Fresh Foods is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law. Your right to access your personal information may be affected by matters such as:
- The information being commercially sensitive to 9ja Fresh Foods or one of its service providers or customers;
- Access posing a threat to life or health of any individual;
- Access having an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- Access being unlawful;
- Access prejudicing enforcement activities relating to criminal conduct or other breaches of law;
- A frivolous or vexatious request by you or some other person on your behalf;
- The existence of legal dispute of potential legal dispute; and
- Denial of access being required or authorized by law.
If 9ja Fresh Foods denies you access to your personal information, we will provide a reason.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorized or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
9ja Fresh Foods may contain links to websites which are owned or operated by other parties. You should make your own enquiries as to the privacy policies of these parties. We are not responsible for the information on, or the privacy or, such websites.
Transmission of Your Data
While care is taken to protect your personal information on the website, unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed as 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online. This is particularly true for information you send to us via email as we have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your personal information, we are required to protect it in accordance with the Act.
OPT-OUT IN RESPECT OF PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL
9ja Fresh Foods acknowledges and respects its customers’ choice to ‘opt-out’ of direct marketing communication activities undertaken by 9ja Fresh Foods. If as a customer you do not wish to receive promotional material from 9ja Fresh Foods, please contact 9ja Fresh Foods and indicated the particular promotional material you do not wish to receive. All emails, SMS and newsletters from this App or Website allow you to opt-out of further mailings by clicking on the link or responding ‘unsubscribe’.
OBTAINING MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY
More information about your data Privacy and protection Act Feb. 2020 and in line with the Constitution is available from the section 37 of the Nigerian Constitution.
RESOLVING YOUR PRIVACY CONCERNS
9ja Fresh Foods Limited
103 EDA Plazas, Opposite Chida Hotel, Jabi Abuja, Nigeria.